Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Alabama does not believe in the Internet

Hey Everyone!

Yesterday was our travel day from Cleveland, OH to Montgomery, AL. I had a really good time in Cleveland. I got to see some great friends that I haven't seen for a long time. I had a lot of fun. I am dead tired from going out with everyone, but it was completely worth it. I still think my favorite night included a fantastic evening with a close friend that involved her falling out of a stool in downtown Cleveland. She was still functional, just not as coordinated as everyone else there. I had a blast and the friends made Cleveland worth it. It was good to be that close to home and see the people that care enough to make the drive when you are in the area. Thanks!
Our travel wasn't to Montgomery bad. We flew from Cleveland to Atlanta and then after a short layover, made it to Montgomery. We landed and needed cabs to get from the airport to our hotel. There was only one at the airport. The driver called in some backup and we all made it to our hotel. Some of the carpenters and Wardrobians Filled a cab full of people and the driver proceeded to stack all of the luggage in the trunk. He couldn't get the trunk closed and decided that if he drove carefully, everything would be alright. One of the Carpenters asked about the luggage and the driver said 'it's all good, sir' and got in the car and started it. I was suprised to see that all the luggage made it okay with no damage.
I checked in the hotel and promptly found that there is not much going on in Montgomery, Alabama. Just come crazy people arguing at the bus stop outside of our hotel. The hotel didn't have internet, so I started to venture out to find food. I was pretty unsuccessful. I couldn't find much in our area. The electricians went over to the theatre to look at the space and see what we were getting ourselves into. We then found out that if we wanted to use any equipment owned by the house, the promoter was going to have to pay for it and the promoter didn't want to pay for it. An hour later, we finally got the okay to use the house equipment and left the theatre feeling pretty decent about the theatre. This morning was a different story all together. We got in and found out that there are three different companies running this show. There is a promoter, the theatre and a labor company. It does not seem as if anyone spoke to the other about the show nor read our technical rider. Needless to say, it was a long day, I finally got everything ready for show about 7:40pm. The show started at 7:30...  It started when only about 3/4 of the labor force showed up to work and then they people that did show up were not very skilled at all when it came to stage craft. It was a long, frustrating day. We made it though. The show is up and they are currently singing 'Mamma Mia' on stage.

Well, I need to go hit some cues. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment