Thursday, October 20, 2011

Busy Busy


The past couple months have been kind of crazy for me around NYC. I have worked on a whole bunch of different gigs while trying to hold onto some kind of personal life. I don't know even where to start...




First off, I have now been in NYC officially for over a year. So, that is kind a cool deal. In that past year, I have had the opportunity to work on two Broadway Shows, One Off-B-way, and a whole ton of different types of gigs around the industry. On top of that, I have started to settle in as a resident of New York. Which means, I have forgotten how to drive, have learned to say "Furgettaboutit" and cross the street while texting, listening to music and reading the newspaper. I have also learned the subway system like the back of my hand, know the quickest way to walk between the theatres and have figured out the perfect time and route to take a cab home...

On to the personal life.

Not to much to say there. I have settled into my apartment, done some decorating, although not very well. I call my style of decorating "Hominis domus". That means that I have the necessities to be comfortable but may not be the best decorated. If you want to help make my home masculine and comfortable, I will cook you dinner. Let me know

What else? Not much. I have a great core group of friends and am meeting new people all the time. Some of my best friends are back in town after touring for awhile and others are still out on the road.
I have a good friend staying with me while she is getting a taste of theatrical wardrobe in NYC. She has done some amazing things in the city in the short time she has been here. She has been the assistant to the Costume Designer for a NYMF show (the show was pretty good too), and has been working in one of the largest costume shops in NYC for the past couple weeks. It has been awesome hearing how that side of the business works. She has gotten some amazing opportunities that usually do not come to someone this new to the city... Overall, it has been great having her live in my living room. We have had some good conversations and some good times out in the town (we even got to see Lloyd Lannom for a couple of those nights!)


Overall, I am very happy with how my first year has gone in NYC. I have been super lucky with the opportunities I have been given. I just hope that someday I will be able to give a young person the opportunities that I have been given so they can hopefully break into the business.

That is all for now. Thanks for reading. More soon, I swear...

Here is a picture of me and one of my awesome cousins. I am the guy doing all the work carrying Gabe for a mile. Yes, a whole mile, don't worry, she navigated...




No comments:

Post a Comment